Tumut Travel and Flights
Flights and Travel into Tumut
Tumut does not have its own airport. The nearest airport is Wagga Wagga Airport, located approximately 93 kilometers northeast of Tumut. You can fly into Wagga Wagga Airport from major domestic airports in Australia and then proceed to Tumut by road.
Driving to Tumut is a popular option as it allows you to enjoy the scenic beauty of the surrounding region. There are a few different routes you can take depending on your starting point:
- If traveling from Sydney, the approximate driving time is around 4 hours and the distance is approximately 420 kilometers. Take the M31 south from Sydney, then follow the A41 to Tumut.
- If traveling from Melbourne, the approximate driving time is around 5 hours and the distance is approximately 480 kilometers. Take the M31 north from Melbourne, then follow the A41 to Tumut.
- If traveling from Canberra, the approximate driving time is around 2 hours and the distance is approximately 180 kilometers. Take the Barton Highway (A25) north, then follow the A41 to Tumut.
By Public Transport
There are limited public transport options available to reach Tumut:
- Bus: You can take a long-distance bus to Tumut from major cities in Australia. Check with the relevant bus companies for schedules and availability.
- Train: While Tumut does not have its own train station, you can take the train to nearby cities like Wagga Wagga or Canberra, and then use local bus services or hire a car to reach Tumut.
Once you have arrived in Tumut, here are some transportation options for getting around:
- Car Rental: Renting a car is the most convenient way to explore Tumut and its surrounding areas. Several car rental agencies operate in Tumut, and you can easily find them in the town center.
- Taxi: Taxis are available in Tumut, but it's recommended to pre-book them in advance.
- Bicycle: Tumut is known for its beautiful natural surroundings, and cycling is a great way to enjoy the scenery. You can rent bicycles from various rental shops in Tumut.
- Walking: Tumut is a small town, and many attractions are within a walkable distance from the town center. Exploring on foot is a pleasant option.
Tumut offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Some popular options include:
- Hotels and Motels: Tumut has a variety of hotels and motels located in and around the town center.
- Bed and Breakfast: There are several charming bed and breakfast establishments in Tumut that provide a cozy and personalized stay.
- Holiday Rentals: If you prefer a self-contained accommodation, you can find holiday rentals such as apartments or cottages in Tumut.
- Caravan Parks: Tumut has a couple of caravan parks where you can park your caravan or hire static caravans and cabins.
Attractions and Activities
Tumut and its surrounds offer various attractions and activities to enjoy:
- Tumut River: Explore the picturesque Tumut River, perfect for fishing, kayaking, or taking a leisurely stroll along its banks.
- Bushwalking: Discover the stunning natural beauty of the Snowy Mountains region through the many bushwalking trails in and around Tumut.
- Tumut Broom Factory: Visit the famous Broom Factory, where you can see brooms being made using traditional methods.
- Talbingo Dam: Just a short drive from Tumut, Talbingo Dam offers excellent fishing and boating opportunities, as well as breathtaking views.
- Historic Buildings: Explore the historic buildings in Tumut, such as the Tumut Railway Station and the Montreal Theatre.
Enjoy your trip to Tumut!
How to get Sale and Discount Flights for Tumut locals and New South Wales visitors
Through an agreement we have between our trusted travel network partner Kayak and www.tumut.town we are delighted to offer you Heavily Discounted Flights and Car Hire. Here you can use the same services most Travel Agents use without the price markup. Enjoy :-) Simply Visit..