Tumut Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Tumut Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing tumut.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Tumut for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Tumut?
Tumut Galleries and Museums
Tumut is a charming town located in New South Wales, Australia. It is surrounded by magnificent mountains, rivers, and waterfalls making it a perfect getaway destination. It is not just the scenic beauty that Tumut is known for, but also its rich history. Tumut is home to several galleries, museums, and historical venues that provide a glimpse into the town's past. Here is a list of some of the must-visit places in Tumut.
1. Nest Gallery- It is a contemporary art gallery that features works from local artists. It is located on Wynyard Street, Tumut. Nest Gallery is an excellent place to visit for those who love contemporary art.
2. Bushart Gallery- Located on Adelong Road, Tumut, Bushart Gallery showcases the works of artist Kim Watkins. The gallery features beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and indigenous art.
1. Tumut and District Historical Society Museum- This museum is dedicated to preserving the history and heritage of Tumut and the surrounding area. It is located on the corner of River and Capper Streets in Tumut. The museum has an extensive collection of artifacts, photographs, and documents that shed light on the town's history.
2. The Pioneer Women's Hut- This museum is located on the outskirts of Tumut and is dedicated to celebrating and preserving the stories of women and their families who lived in the Snowy Mountains region. It features interactive displays, photographs, and handmade craftwork.
1. Tumut River- The Tumut River is an excellent place to visit for those who enjoy fishing or kayaking. The river is also steeped in history and was used to transport goods to and from the town in the late 1800s.
2. Blowering Dam- Located on the Tumut River, Blowering Dam is a popular destination for water sports, fishing, and picnics. The dam is also home to the Tumut 3 Power Station, which generates electricity for the Snowy Hydro Scheme.
3. Yarrangobilly Caves- Located about an hour's drive from Tumut, Yarrangobilly Caves is a must-visit attraction for those who enjoy exploring underground. The caves are over 440 million years old and feature stunning limestone formations.
Tumut is a treasure trove of galleries, museums, and historical venues that offer visitors an insight into the town's history and heritage. Whether you are an art enthusiast, history buff, or nature lover, Tumut has something for everyone. So, if you are planning a trip to New South Wales, make sure to add Tumut to your itinerary.
Tumut Galleries and Museums Articles