Tumut Local Services
Tumut ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Tumut site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Tumut Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Tumut When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Tumut Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Tumut Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Tumut ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Tumut and a Place to Meet
The tumut.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Tumut
Welcome to our page dedicated to interesting facts about Tumut, a charming town located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia.
1. Tumut means "quiet resting place by the river" in the language of the Wiradjuri people, the traditional owners of the land.
2. Tumut is situated on the banks of the Tumut River, which is renowned for its excellent trout fishing.
3. The town is home to the historic Tumut Broom Factory, which was established in 1946 and still manufactures brooms using traditional methods.
4. Tumut is famous for its spectacular autumn foliage, which brings thousands of visitors to the region every year.
5. In 1956, Tumut played a significant role in the construction of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme, which is considered one of the greatest engineering feats in Australia's history.
6. The Tumut 3 Power Station, a crucial part of the Snowy Mountains scheme, is located just outside the town and can generate over 1,400 megawatts of electricity.
7. The town's historic Railway Station, built in 1885, is now home to the Tumut Region Visitor Centre, which provides information about local attractions and activities.
8. Tumut is surrounded by stunning natural scenery, including the Kosciuszko National Park, the Blowering Dam, and the Yarrangobilly Caves.
9. The Tumut Races, a popular annual event, have been held since 1858 and attract thousands of visitors to the town each year.
10. Tumut is also renowned for its delicious local produce, including honey, apples, cherries, and trout.
We hope you have enjoyed learning some fascinating facts about Tumut. It's a beautiful town with a rich history and plenty of attractions to explore.